BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

An Inside Look...

Don't know if any of you caught this on Sunday, but Shia Lebeouf was featured in the weekend Parade Magazine. I probably wouldn't have even read the article (except maybe skimming for info on the Transformer sequel,) but the title intrigued.

What followed was one of the saddest, most revealing celebrity interviews I've ever read. I'm surprised that the magazine didn't try to spin the article to more positive territory - it seems like they just let Shia unload all his thoughts, fears and insecurities and then printed it up for the world to see.

Some snippets...

  • "'I don't handle fame well,' LaBeouf says. 'Most actors on most days don't think they're worthy. I have no idea where this insecurity comes from, but it's a God-sized hole. If I knew, I'd fill it and I'd be on my way.'"

  • "'Acting is instinctual," he says. "The good actors are all screwed up. They're all in pain. It's a profession of bottom-feeders and heartbroken people.'"

  • "'Why did the love of my life and I break up?' he asks, puzzled. 'Man, I have no idea. What was that all about? I have no answers to anything. None. Why am I an alcoholic? I haven't a damn clue! What is life about? I don't know.'"

  • "When LeBeouf is feeling insecure, he sometiems stops his bike on the side of a busy road to see if people passing by recognize him. He is cared that they won't."
This took me by surprise - this wasn't some 2-page ad to make sure I go see a guy's movie. It was a startling look at a person who, to my mind, has no hope. It's strange that he would say it's a "God-sized" hole and yet have no idea what could fill it.

Thoughts?

1 comments:

wjcollier3 said...

my first thought is that this is exactly what i was planning on posting today. this is unbelievable. you are stooping down to thinking like me.