BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Back to Work

Monday 5/2/05
Woke up about 7. Pretty pumped because the scale in the bathroom has some good news for me. I'm not going to go into detail, let's just say the last few days of treadmilling finally paid off a bit!

Ironed my clothes, kissed the fam and headed back to the Clerk's Office.


It was okay. I was a bit groggy. (I think I'm fighting off some mutation of the sickness that took over Kristen's life a few days ago.) The funniest part of the morning was this redneck couple getting a marriage license. A lady came who knew this guy and they started up a conversation about the lady's grandaughter. The lady said "She weights eighteen pounds," but the guy thought she said "she weighed eighteen pounds," so responded loudly with

"at birth?"

Here's something to think about - every met a quiet redneck? Me either.

I made it to lunchtime, then headed home for a sandwich. Clay came by to pick up the youth laptop. He's doing site inspection for UM Army this summer. Krist and Jonah took me back to work by way of Chick-Fil-A for fries and DP for Kristen and Icedream for Jonah.

Went back to work for an uneventful afternoon. Krist picked me up and took me back to her mom's where Jonah was. I didn't have my afternoon snack so I was frickin' starved. Luckily mom-in-law had some awesome ham cooked. Ham sandwich, man. Nothing like it. I had done pretty good on the no-sugar thing, but I was still starving, so I inhaled a couple of Pop Tarts.

Jonah and I went home and changed, then headed over to the playground at church. I got on the swings and tried to the jumping off thing - you know how we used to sky high on a swing and then just sail off of it? Well, I did it. Not as high as I used to, but you know what, it's still fun!

Came home and threw Jonah in the bath. Krist gave me a haircut. I showered and then we put Jonah to bed. I went for a run around the hood then came home for another shower. I probably should have worked on setlists or something, but instead, I fell asleep w/ my wife. Not something I do that often, but it's pretty nice.

0 comments: