BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Sunday - the busiest day of the week

Today's Set
Lifted Hands (Keyes)
Rejoice (Foote)
Great and Glorious (Smith)
King of Mercy (Wright)
Here I Am (Bleeker)


The set was good - band did a great job, but the crowd was dead. Didn't hang around long after church. Headed home, ate a sandwich, then took Jonah's to my grandparents.

Then, Krist and I went to a funeral for her cousin. Kristen was still running fever, but felt obligated to go, so we did. The service was good, but the musical selection was very interesting. Apparently, her cousin Patrick had requested that the song be played at his funeral. So they played it ....


"Dreamweaver."

It was weird. I almost got a case of the giggles right there on the front row.

We went to the cemetery, a practice I still don't understand, then rushed to get Jonah, then rushed to drop me off at church for OSM. It went okay. When I was done, I went home to help put Jonah to bed, then ran back up to the church for a meeting w/ our new Associate Pastor, Mike Tyson.

He met w/ Clay and I for about an hour. I like him. I think I'm going to learn a lot from him. Seems to be passionate about evangelism, but still respectful of the traditional service, which is what we need, I think.

Came home, talked to Krist.


0 comments: