BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

MOVIE POSTER MADNESS

The Missing, released in 2003.


Three Burials, released in 2005.

I know they're not identical, but every time I see these two posters together, I feel like I'm getting the same "vibe" from both. The notion that experts would intentionally try to evoke a previous idea within their marketing is more common than not, but for some reason, the similarities bother me.

I keep thinking there's a TOMMY LEE JONES/COWBOY folder in some graphic arts computer somewhere in Hollywood and the studio exec barks out:

"New Tommy Lee Jones project, with cowboy hat. I'll need a new poster by the end of the day!"

I'm also bothered by how terrible both of these movies were.

Jones made only one movie in between these two.
Guess I should be glad the art guys took a chance on that one.



0 comments: