BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 10, 2010

RUN TODD RUN, Week 19

MONDAY 9/6/10
Back in my hilly neighborhood, I decided to run a shorter course that's a little less "inclined" than the full subdivision run. Like my last run, this allowed me to focus more on how far I'm running and less on the time.

I wasn't necessarily striving to hit the 2 mile mark again, but I did want to get close. I ran 1.5 miles in about 18 minutes. I might could have paced myself better to put in more time, but I really wanted to hit that 1.5 mile mark.

TUESDAY 9/8/10
Ran the same small route as Monday night and put 20 minutes on the stopwatch. Wanted to at least do the same time/distance as I did Monday night and figured an extra two minutes of running would be okay.

Pretty much landed right at the same point - 1.5 miles in 18 minutes. The extra two minutes of running the back end of the route didn't push me much over 1.5 since I was practically crawling by then. This shorter route is pushing me much harder than the long run around the neighborhood and I'd like to hit the 2 mile/20 minute level next. I've still got a long way to go!

FRIDAY 9/10/10
Kristen went to Dallas for the weekend and I was moping around the house about not getting in my third run when she said,

"Um, you remember we have a membership to Woodcreek, right?"

So, after she left, I took the kids to the gym and hit the cardio cinema. (Running indoors while watching a move feels a little like cheating. It also feels awesome.) Like most folks, I ran way better when I have a pace set for me, so I figured the gym session would be better.

I picked a 40 minute 'program' and ran over three miles. Hit the three mile mark at 36 minutes, which isn't super fast, but it's probably the most I've run since I started this. In retrospect, I think I would have done better just to set the treadmill and ran instead of running a program with preset incline and speed changes...that was a hassle and messed my pace up, but I know it was good for me. Toward the end, I canceled the program and just ran it out.

I'm glad I did it!

0 comments: