BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 23, 2011

RUN TODD RUN, Week 64

Since I'm transitioning the blog to Wordpress, the blogger account will probably just hold my running info...for my own sake.

MONDAY, 7/18/11

Got out in the late-night heat and ran.

Ate supper late and definitely felt sluggish on the run. Did 10 minute warm up, 20 minute run and a 10 minute cool down.

Mondays are tough because they're usually my first day back on "no sweets." I had reserved the weekends for whatever culinary delights I might desire, but they sure do make me feel lousy. Why do I keep eating them?

WEDNESDAY, 7/20/11
Thanks to the Reluctant Runners website, I added a few new tunes to the running mix. I noticed an abundance of rap on the weekly lists they post and I figured I'd give it a shot. I threw in some Kanye, some Eminem and even some Niki Minaj. (Don't hate.) I liked the Eminem stuff, but he got me a little too pumped up and started off way too fast. It felt good at first, but after 20 minutes, I was thinking, "I better turn on some easy listening and calm things down."

When I had 10 minutes left in the run, (I wanted to do a 30 minute) I fired up that same opening song from Mr. Mathers and that propelled me the thirty minute mark. Did a long walk to cool down. Heat is still suffocating at 11pm, gang.

FRIDAY, 7/22/11
Another day with no sweets! I realize that's a pretty normal accomplishment for most people, but every day I can avoid junk food and candy is a minor victory.

Started the run around 10pm, which is later than I like, but you gotta' do what you gotta' do. I also ate supper late, which is never too fun. I need a good two hours of no food before a run to halfway enjoy it. Did a 10 minute warm up, then a 20 minute run. I had decided beforehand that I wanted to run my whole playlist, which was about 34 minutes long. After twenty minutes, I switched to Galloway (run 3, walk 1) like I did last week. It still feels like cheating, but it did allow me to put in another twenty minutes so that I could go 40 minutes of running! Forty minutes non-stop would feel more like a win, but heck, I'll take it!

Next week, I'm gonna' opt back to Galloway for all the runs and try to log some 30+ runs each time. I haven't done Galloway consistently, but I feel like I could get longer cardio in. The downside is that too much of that method makes the long running harder to get back into.

0 comments: