BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 13, 2011

RUN TODD RUN, Week 67

Since I'm transitioning the blog to Wordpress, the blogger account will probably just hold my running info...for my own sake.

SATURDAY, 8/6/11

Would have made sure the Saturday run got into the last post, but I was without internet all day. (GASP!) Kristen had been gone since Wednesday, so I was itching to get some exercise in. (But also dreading it because I had gone for four days without running!) Got out and did 40 minutes. It was hard the last 10 minutes or so, but I powered through.

MONDAY, 8/8/11
Did 48 minutes on Galloway. Also used a pedometer. Glad I got 48 minutes in, but the pedometer is kinda' depressing! Didn't sweat all the way through my shirt this go 'round. Maybe that means cooler weather is on the way.
I also wanted to see if there was any noticeable difference if I went to a 4 min / 1 min regimen. I only did it a couple of times, but it felt pretty much the same.

WEDNESDAY, 8/10/11
Figured I start w/ the 4 min. regimen to see what happened.

Turns out I'm not too good at the 4 minute regimen.


Did about thirty minutes of running (good grief I'm slow) and an extra 10 of walking to cool down.

FRIDAY, 8/12/11
Since I had the day off, I decided to head over to Southern Trail and run there. I like the trail because it's a little more flat and the distance is clearly marked. That way, I know exactly how far I've gone.

I did a long warm up walk to get to the "start" of the trail and then started running. I wanted to see how long it would take me to do three miles. I'd like to do a 5k this fall and I wanted to see if I'll end up being the last person through the finish line.

I did three miles in 33 minutes, which was better than I thought it would be. I'd like to be at a 10 minute pace, but I'll take 33 for right now!

SATURDAY, 8/14/11
Went out for a little run. I spent the morning on a little yardwork (I hate yardwork)
and then ran errands with Jonah later in the day. I was whipped by evening, but figured I better put in a little time if I was going to have that schoolgirl figure for church on Sunday morning.

I did about twenty minutes on Galloway, then walked a good bit. Nothing crazy, but my legs hurt anyway. Must be all that "weed-eating."

1 comments:

Caleb said...

Premier Fitness Turkey Trot!! http://www.premier-getfit.com/turkeytrot Don't let the "2008" date fool you.