BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Thanks to Ross, I heard about gmail's new video chat feature a few days ago. I made a mental note to give it a try, but then got sick early in the week and didn't spend much time on the computer.

I was feeling better on Wednesday and did some work from home. Wednesday afternoon, I signed into gmail and saw a cool little green camera icon beside my buddy Tom's gmail chat status.

Well, I had to give it a try! I chatted w/ Tom right quick to see if he was all setup. He was finishing up, so I installed the chat feature as quick as I could. After about 5 or 6 minutes, I signed back into gmail and video chatted w/ Tom.

It was great! We're looking forward to using this to stay in touch with some of our family and friends. Although my experience with the video chatting feature is limited, I do think it provides easy-to-use, quality video chatting capabilities to PC users. Mac users all brag on iChat...and it is good, but now there's a fantastic video chatting option for anybody!

If you're on gmail and have a webcam, sign up...then you can all chat with me in my pajamas.

Thanks, Ross and Tom! You guys know so much cool stuff!

0 comments: