BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm Still Laughing

I was a very serious young man. I'm not sure why - I think it had something to do with my perception that "artists" were required to be introspective and distant.

And then I met her.

I'll admit that it took me my surprise. When I first met Kristen, I remember being amazed at how funny she was...how much she and her family laughed. She seemed like the silliest, sweetest girl I had ever met. And while it's true that I immediately knew she was the girl for me, it's also true that I also realized that I needed her.

I needed her smile. I needed her joy. I needed to learn how to lighten up and find the fun in life. And she did all of that. Without even trying, she changed me into a better version of myself. I'll never be able to repay her for teaching me how to laugh.

But what's more - every couple of days, I realize that I'M STILL LAUGHING.

She is funnier now than ever. Sillier than she's ever been. And it's obvious to me that the laughter we share now is somehow more funny and rich than it's ever been. After 10 years, we've learned how to laugh together, how to cheer each other up and how to find joy in times where it seems invisible.

I don't know what the future holds, but with Kristen by my side, I know we'll find a way to enjoy it.

Thank you, Kristen, for being you. Thanks for saving me from myself.

0 comments: