BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

20/20 Hindsight

I did a photo shoot this morning with a photographer named Sean from our church. It went well - apparently, I squint a little too much and I have a tendency to scowl in pictures. (I had no idea of either, but both will definitely aid me in my journey to winning a Dove Award.)

At the first location, we were shooting this shot where I was on a stool in the middle of this downtown street. There wasn't much traffic, but we were trying to be cautious since it was technically illegal for me to be standing in the middle of the street.

Just before we got ready to setup the shot, I notice a sleek, grey Corvette pulled up behind me. I turn and look at the guy and hear him mumble something about "shot." I assume that he's asking if he's in the shot and needs to move. I wave him off and say "it's cool," but he just stays there.

The photographer steps up to the window to find what the dude wants and he says...

"You guys want my 'Vette in the picture? You want the car?"

We look at each other and then back to the overweight man with a mullet, shades and a "popped collar." The photographer politley declines, but the man is insistent.

"You sure? It's the newest model out...you're not gonna' find a car like this anywhere in town."

Uh, no. No. No no no no no.

He shrugs and speeds away. I look at my photographer. We laugh. Then I said, "I hate that guy."

It wasn't until much later that Sean and I decided that we probably should have taken the picture of the car and a picture of the dude so I could feature it on the blog. Dang it...

2 comments:

Susie Moore said...

lol thats hilarious! You and your wife have the greatest stories. And oddly enough they have alot of mullets involved.

Todd Wright said...

It's East Texas. They're still hanging on around here.