BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 17, 2007

TheNightLife


I'll admit that I sometimes miss those days of young-married life: the late-night trips to Blockbuster, sleeping late on our days off, spontaneously going to dinner with friends or just driving around town sipping giant drinks from Sonic.

That's a freedom not afforded very often to those of us with kids...I miss it, but an active night life looks a lot different for me now.

When the sun sets these days, I examine the last few hours and realize that I got to cook dinner for my kids and wrestled them on Mom and Dad's big bed. I bathed them, colored with them, maybe read a book or two. I watched them brush their teeth and offered that last cup of milk or water before they climbed off to bed.

It's one of God's many graces to us, I think. He blesses us with years of freedom - the late night movies and dinners and parties and concerts; but not to be otudone, He then blesses us with years of family - the late night feedings and homemade dinners and cartoons and giggles.

Thank you, Father for The Night Life - in whatever way we have it. You're far too good...

0 comments: