BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

CD Update

1. Got back some early preview shots from yesterday's photo shoot. Let me just say this - I've always known I'm a hot, wise, introspective musical genius, but now I've got the pictures to prove it. I'll be picking up the entire catalog of the pictures later today and start deciding which ones I'd like to send to the design folks.

2. After looking through the pictures, I'm start to lean back toward the title of "Songs For Singing." I'm not sure why. This will make some of you angry, as "All The Freed" really does seem to be the crowd favorite.

3. I feel good about the duplication place we've found - it's affordable, it's quality and it's run by nice folks. (Still haven't begun the search for a mastering house.)

4. Once the record is out, we're planning on doing a big online push. We'll sell the CDs over at independentbands.com. When the CD releases, I'm asking everybody to make an effort to buy the record from that site rather than from me specifically. Here's why - places like independentbands are awesome: they give little singer/songwriters like me the chance to have our music previewed and suggested alongside some truly amazing artists; they give songs like mine the chance to be heard all over the world; they have tons of credibility for their committment to fairness and promotion with regard to independent artists. Buying from them is great for them because it makes them money. Buying from them is great for me because I might just end up on that front page and sell 200,000 copies before December.

5. Blake Stewart (and his staff) are hard at work on the Todd Wright site. So far, we've decided what sort of site sections we want (bio, schedule, et .) and I'll be forwarding pictures his way soon.

6. I've decided my "thank-you" section of the CD liner notes will take up more room than the actual lyrics. Guess it's a good thing I don't believe in 2nd verses, huh?

7. I'm leading worship at a big city-wide worship deal in September called "The College Thing." This isn't necessarily CD-related, but it is finally a real gig and I'm flippin' excited. (I may also have a camp lined up for Summer '08.)

Thanks for stopping by the blog - I have a feeling my life is about to get even more adventurous!

0 comments: