BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 07, 2008

On Sleep...

Tuesdays tend to be the busiest day in my week.

While it's certainly not "ditch digging" Tuesday tends to be one thing after another. We all have days like this, so you understand.

Now, normally, I'm a bit of a night owl. As I've said before, I usually hit the wall every night at around 7pm...feel dead for about 45 minutes, then get my second wind at some point after eight.

These late night hours might be spent songwriting, working on blogs, goofing off on YouTube or something silly or reading.

But Tuesdays, not so much.

I typically come home totally drained. And for the past few weeks, Tuesday night has been the one night a week where I crash early in the night. But lately, I've noticed something...

When I go to bed "early," which for me would be somewhere in the 9:30-10:30 hour, I am wide-awake at 3am. And I can't go back to sleep.

I know what scientists say about sleeping. I know we need it. I know it's good to go to bed early, but it kills me...when I do manage to fall back asleep in the wee hours of the morning, I wake up exhausted.

I know we've talked about how many hours of sleep each of us get each night, but I'm wondering if anybody out there experiences something similiar to this? Is there a way-to-sleep that doesn't work for you? Any night owls out there? Early birds?

For those who use a blog reader, I've added a Skribit widget over on the right hand side of the blog. (Can't been seen in blog readers.) Ha..."Skribit Widget." Sounds like something on the Wiggles, doesn't it? This is a cool site where you can suggest topics or vote for subjects you'd like to see showcased on the blog! Check it out...love to know what you think.

1 comments:

Shelly Conn said...

I didn't read all of your post I just read the word "sleep" and thought man I really need me some of that. Carley has not sleep well the past two nights.