BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 05, 2006


Since they've been touring the whole time, releasing studio albums and live bootlegs for years, it's not really fair to say that Pearl Jam has made a "comeback," but it sure feels like it.
The other night, I happen to catch Pearl Jam, Hoobastank and 30 Seconds from Mars all on late-night TV and it was immediately clear - old guys rock.
Yes, yes, I know they're anti-war and very liberal. They probably drink beer, too.
But Eddie Vedder is singing better than ever and Mike McCready's lead stuff is reckless and wild and full of a seemingly newfound wonder.
Pearl Jam - not just your dad's rock and roll.

5 comments:

Blake Stewart said...

"Yes, yes, I know they're anti-war and very liberal. They probably drink beer, too."

The last line is classic...

Robert said...

Sounds like about 30% of the people I know.

Chris said...

my dad's rock and roll were the Stones, Eagles, Bad Finger.....
Now mine on the other hand, Styx, Foreigner, Van Halen, Rush, Doobie Brothers.....Pearl Jam was cool in my late 20's and 30's....Oh that hurt...I'm old. And yeah, that beer thing.

Justin said...

If by "comeback" you mean an emotionally-charged thrust back into the music scene....

Clay Walker said...

Ummm...hot summer days and a ice cold Corona!