BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Wednesday, 1/18/06

I think my alarm went off at 6. I’m not sure. Either I didn’t set it correctly or I reset it while in a semi-conscious coma of slumber. Either way, Jonah woke up at 6:30 and I slept until 7.

I finished off the peanut butter before bed the night before, so breakefast this morning was a bowl of cereal – a Hy-Top brand of Fruit Loops, pretty much. It was alright. Got to work just on time, and started working immediately. I’m not sure why. Since I’m in a new department now, I just don’t feel like sitting at the desk for 20 minutes before getting started. I’m not that committed or anything, I just don’t want to appear lazy.

Krist called me at 10 and said that she and Jonah would pick me up for lunch. That usually means “Del Rio,” but today it meant “Little Ceasar’s.” Trust me – I didn’t mind. We came home, ate pizza and I played with Jonah for a little while before trucking back to the courthouse.

I’m not nuts about going to lunch at 11 everyday, but I will say that working at the courthouse in the 12:30 – 2:00 block is a pretty sweet deal. Normally, there’s not a lot going on, so I can catch up on work or make setlists or check email or play my guitar in the women’s bathroom.

I’m totally joking about that – I would never check email at the office. (Insert rimshot.)

One of the more interesting things about the afternoon was a woman who came in asking for legal counsel. She said her family was involved in a molestation trial and that she needed legal assistance of some kind. One of my co-workers suggested she call the Legal Aid office, to which the woman laughed. On her way out, the woman starts saying that “God’s going to overthrow the government in 2008 anyway.” She kept talking out of her head and I was about to call security down to remove her, but she finally left before I could call them.

Later in the afternoon, Romack called me to see I could lead worship at Crosspoint this Sunday for John Rolf. I really wanted to, but with two worship clinics and reconfiguring a stage, it just wasn’t going to happen. Hope I get a chance to do it again.

After work, Jonah and I went to Target to buy presents for Kristen’s birthday. I think he and I did pretty good – guess we’ll know Saturday, huh?
We came home and ate. Since Kristen’s been pregnant, supper has fallen to Dad more often than not. Usually, that means frozen pizza or quesadillas – last night, it was quesadillas.

Jonah went to bed at 7:45 and Krist and I settled in to watch Lost. It was a pretty good episode – Jack’s back story was a little predictable. I’m sure we’ll find out a some point that Sarah, Jack’s wife, was having an affair with somebody either on the island or connected in some way. Krist and I hung out for a bit while I ironed and tried to finish 24. She went to bed at 10 and I went for a walk. After the walk, I went to Wal-Mart to get milk and diet Pepsi (I don’t consume them together) and then back home to finish 24.

I seriously considered going up to the church to record some stuff – I want to send some acoustic demos out to some folks. If only Jimmy had that studio.

1 comments:

Robert Conn said...

I agree Todd, the women's bathroom is more acoustical after all. There is twice as much toilet paper, no urinals for the sound to bounce around in and added doors to the stalls offer a nice, yet blended sort of timbre that you just can't find in the men's restroom. If you can sing over all the surprized screams, you've got it made!