BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 30, 2005

My Wise Wife

So last night, I'm really venting about having to sing these patriotic songs in Sunday's service, and my wife tells me something she heard a pastor say once.

My wife looks at me and says,
"Churches in Bosnia would be really surprised by the things we worry about."

She's right. What am I doing? Am I really freaking out about singing songs that I don't like? Am I really worried that I might sound "bad?" Is this the life I'm supposed to live? I'm supposed to stress over thing like that? I don't think so.

I think I'm supposed to serve the body in both comfort and discomfort. I'm called to serve God's people whether they love me or hate me. To borrow a phrase I don't normally like, I'm supposed to "worship in the lead."

My wife - sexy and smart. Who could ask for anything more?

0 comments: