BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 16, 2011

RUN TODD RUN, Week 63

TUESDAY, 7/12/11
Hadn't run in a few days, so I spent the day thinking, "Dude, you need to run tonight." It was one of those terrible, baking hot Texas nights, but I fired up a podcast and got out there.

(Side note: I listen to a lot of comedy podcasts and one of my favorite things is to try to guess what sort of 'riff' or 'punchline' is coming up. When I guess one right, I feel like Bill Cosby or something.)

Did a five minute warm up, ran for 30 minutes, then a 10 minute cool down. Dang, I was going slow by the end. Wanted to bail around the 20 minute mark, since that's been my regimen lately. But I've dropped a couple more pounds so I figure amping up the run is the right thing to do.

I haven't blogged about this yet, but my goal is to lose 50 lbs. I'm pretty daunted by it, but I'm trying. I'd like to have it off before the holidays get here, but it's hard!

WEDNESDAY, 7/13/11
Did 5 minute warm-up, 30 minute run an, d 10 minute cool down. Used my pedometer to track distance, which proved what I already know. I am slow.

But the run wasn't terrible and I finished it. That's something, I guess.

FRIDAY, 7/15/11
We were in Lufkin on Friday, which sometimes means no running. However, there was a nice rain Friday afternoon that cooled things down enough for me to take an actual "day run."

It was still hot and a little steamy, but probably 20 degrees cooler than normal. I did five minutes warm up and a 20 minute run. Thirty minutes was my goal and I had to creative to finish it. At 20 minutes, I had to go Galloway Method (run 3, walk 1) to finish it out. I did about a 15 minute cool down. My shirt was soaked!

It was a tough run to finish, but I felt pretty good afterward. (Usually, I'm useless for about thirty minutes after I exercise!)

SATURDAY, 7/16/11
My body never responds well to running two days in a row, but I wanted to get some exercise in. (To fight the effect of all those brownies I ate on Saturday, you know.) I did a 40-minute walk - nothing fast, just trying to put in a little exercise before bed. I try to hit an early bedtime on Saturday nights and a good walk seems to help.

1 comments:

Liz said...

Good job! Proud of you for continuing to run all this time! How much have you lost?