BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 12, 2010

RUN TODD RUN, Week 28

SUNDAY, 11/7/10
Usually don't run on Sunday nights due to long work days, but I've found that doing so makes my schedule much easier. Kristen is back to the gym a few times a week, so I'm using my "off" days to try to go back to the weights. (T-Tops is weak, y'all.)

Ran the second tier of week 6, which was a 10 minute run, 3 minute walk and 10 minute run again. I tried to watch my pace and it ended up being a rather enjoyable run!

TUESDAY, 11/9/10
This was the big one. The one I was dreading. 25 minute run. All one shot...no breaks. I decided to go to the flattest of all my running spots, so I ran the Southern Trail behind our gym. It was tough, but not too tough.

I ran pretty slow to conserve energy, but surprisingly, my legs did pretty well. A few weeks ago, when I did a 20 minute thing, I felt really shaky afterward, but not this time.

It wasn't fun, but it I wasn't crying by the end, either. Since this was the third leg of week 6, I looked ahead to the next week's running schedule, which will start on Thursday:

"Run 25 minutes, three times this week."

WHAT?

WEDNESDAY, 11/10/10
Moved my schedule around some so I could get to the gym with Kristen. Had every intention of doing upper body/weights but changed my mind at the last minute and ran on treadmill.

I know I'm a broken record on this whole - run outside vs. treadmill thing, but the plain truth is this...I can run more and better on a treadmill and that ends up being the most beneficial to me physically.

So that's what I did. 30 minutes running on treadmill...didn't worry with distance. Just ran for all I was worth.

1 comments:

Liz said...

Proud of you, Todd. You're doing great!