BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 05, 2010

About Time...

I've known Ross King for a few years now. I consider him a friend and a mentor. I also think he is ridiculously talented. Before we were friends, I thought he was probably just as gifted as any other guitar playing worship leader, but it only took an hour of hanging out to realize that this guy was working on multiple levels of creativity that most of us can only dream of.

One thing I love about Ross is his skillful use of self-deprecation. Ross has no problem making fun of himself and he usually does so by pointing out his journey toward and away from commercial musical success. He probably wouldn't believe this, but I think his humility is one of his greatest strengths.

I guess that's why I love this video so much. If you had told me a year ago that Ross King was going to make a music video, I would have laughed. Ross King? A music video? Right. Where was this video going to play? On all the hit Christian video shows?

Nope. Not exactly.

But I'd say that a project like this is the absolute best way for Ross to jump in the music video game...it's funny and humble and memorable in all the ways good music should be.



As a dad, I hear lots of kids music. Some of it's good. A lot of it isn't. I think Ross King deserves to be heard - his new kids stuff is strong enough to compete with the anybody you'll find on Nick Jr. or Disney. I'd love it if you'd repost, share and retweet this video. I know Ross would appreciate it. And so would I!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

agree. love it