BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 31, 2009

Uncomfortable Shots...

I don't know much about film-making. Trust me, Todd Vlog doesn't count because that's just a matter of video taping tons of junk and hoping to make some sense of it in editing.

However, from my limited research and long-time movie watching history, I realized that, in any film, there are always shots that are a bit random. Maybe something happened in an original scene and the redirect has to re-shoot the scene much later in the film, maybe the producers thought their CGI would be better and they placed all their hopes in post-production fixes.

Regardless, even the biggest and best movies have really weird scenes and flubs. I started to think through some of my favorite weird scenes and thought I'd see if any of you have ever seen these:

  1. DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE - this action thriller starring John Travolta was pretty good. One problem - the kid ages about 7 years between scenes. I haven't watched this movie in a while, but I remember about 3/4 of the way through the movie, the son walks in and has grown about 5 inches since his last appearance. What did they do? Take a break so the kid could finish high school? Anybody ever notice this?

  2. LEGALLY BLONDE - in the closing scene where Elle Woods is graduating, she gives this fantastic speech and we see her classmates and friends in the crowd applauding. However, the final shot of Luke Wilson is about as random as they come. It's dark and grainy and completely inconsistent with previous shots. He's also wearing a white suit and looks like he's been awake for 27 hours. Who's with me on scary-Luke-Wilson-in-mobster-suit?

  3. LAST OF THE MOHICANS - This probably would be best classified as a 'flub,' one of those completely awesome movie mistakes that we all seem to miss. This great scene happens when all the folks are marched out of the fort. In the wide shot, you can see a guy in a blue baseball cap walking among all the Indians. I actually didn't realize how many mistakes were in this movie until I went over to one of my favorite sites, www.movie-mistakes.com. You can check the 'flubs' HERE.
So...you got any weird scenes?

0 comments: