BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Netflix Mission: Review

Trying to work my Netflix queue down to 5 movies w/o adding any. Added another to the "watched" list last night. Here are my thoughts.

I don't want to say it...but Heder really can't act. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in Blades of Glory, but once again, his character just seems like Jon-Heder-says-lines.

I think it's because for the first time in his career, this film didn't give him some over-the-top, ridiculous lead to play (a la "Benchwarmers, Blades of Glory, etc.)

In addition, the story line was pretty random. I won't spoil any story-line stuff here, but it seemed like the screenwriter couldn't decide if the "mom's boyfriend" character was really pure evil or a lovable, sincere idiot.

And Heder's not alone...Diane Keaton and Jeff Bridges both feel vastly overqualified for these weird little roles. Characters aren't developed well, there's not much 'funny,' and the movie progresses very slowly. There are a few side characters that aren't present enough and dare I say a bit too much Heder.

There's some profanity, a drug reference or two. Nothing that's going to shock your socks off, but with a bad story, bad acting and nothing very memorable, why fill your head with a few curses to boot, right?

My review: avoid Mama's Boy.

Next movie up: Woody Allen's "Sleeper." Looking forward to this one.

0 comments: