BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Man Up Movie Night...a night to remember

The Story, The Idea, The Movement
Last week, I posted something called "Best of the Best." The post was a survey of sorts looking for my readers' favorite movie in three genres (spy, heist, military.)

What happened was amazing. Men from all over the world (Okay, okay, all over the region) rose up and spoke, their thundering voices a clarion call in honor of all things male - Ingenuity, planning, firepower.

On August 29th, 2008, I am calling out the male readers of Todd Blog. I am challenging them...nay...daring them to devote one Friday night to a celebration of Man Movies.

On Man Up Movie Night, each man is being asked to pick one film from the list below. The list is compiled from all suggestions in the aforementioned survey post.

Each man will choose a movie from the list and watch it on the 29th. Some men will also eat very unhealthy food as they watch it. Some will invite other men to join them.

The only requirement is this...

After watching your movie on Friday, you must blog a film review over the weekend. That gives you Saturday and Sunday to post something.

WHO'S IN?

THE LIST
True Lies
The Italian Job
Saving Private Ryan
No Way Out
Mr. Roberts
Patriot Games
Tears Of The Sun
Bourne Identity
National Treasure
Braveheart
Goldfinger
Ocean's 11
Gods and Generals
We Were Soldiers
Bourne Supremacy
The Patriot
Band Of Brothers
Generation Kill
Spy Game
Spies Like Us
Hudson Hawk
Full Metal Jacket
Thomas Crown Affair
The Last Castle
Three Days Of The Condor
Ocean's Thirteen
A Midnight Clear

Sorry, gals...you can't play along on this one. Don't worry, though...there is a female version of the movie survey in the works. (Although yours won't have a cool movie poster. Sorry.)

8 comments:

Ffdskl Edhchgerg said...

Todd, I thought we were watching "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" at your place on the 29th...

Robert Conn said...

I love being a man!!!

I'm in.

Steve Killam TMTL said...

Hey, This really sounds cool! I will ask Joy for permission, but I noticed "Terms of Endearment" was left off the list.

DWC said...

I am in !


DWC

Artie said...

I really thought we were going to do another attempt at get together..kinda like the Crowder thing.. I understand all your readers couldn't make the trip but we could have small nuclear regonal groups all get together to watch Mama Mia! on the same night.

Scott said...

Todd,can i watch "The Notebook" instead of those macho movies. My wife says they make me agressive

DMc said...

Need to add two more - "Oceans 13" and "Glory". Also Todd, I picked this pic. because I know how much you like and follow the Panthers. You know that "Man Movie Nite" is the opening of this years season... We are playing TYLER LEE. I guess you will pull for them now.... :)

DMc said...

Need to add two more - "Oceans 13" and "Glory". Also Todd, I picked this pic. because I know how much you like and follow the Panthers. You know that "Man Movie Nite" is the opening of this years season... We are playing TYLER LEE. I guess you will pull for them now.... :)