BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Weird, But True...


Awhile back, I rejoined TAXI. This is a subscription service for songwriters where you send in songs for music industry listings.


It's a complicated system, but essentially it works like this. TAXI tells it's clients what type of songs a label is looking for. If I have a song that fits that listing, I send it to TAXI. TAXI has industry professionals who review the song before it goes any further. TAXI either rejects or forwards the songs on to the labels. TAXI works as a middle man to weed out songs that don't fit the listings.

I was a member a few years ago, but nothing ever happened. But back in May, I joined up again, mostly to see if I could do anything with all of these little country/family tunes I've written.

After about a month, I sent in a tune called "Wash The Dishes" for a country-music listing. The other day, I realized I hadn't heard anything from them. So I got online, pulled up my critique and saw this:

"FORWARDED."
That's right...my little country song was forwarded to Capitol Nashville!

Who knows if anybody will dig it, but I am totally excited anyway!
I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

Artie said...

I got a packet in the mail from TAXI about a year and a half ago and tossed it. Man it would be so cool if something came out of this. I think it's cool that it was forwarded. NICE!

Todd Wright said...

Yeah...it's a really cool service. The only downside is that the schedule doesn't really allow to up and write a thing once a listing shows up.

It's really designed for you to send stuff you've already written and demoed.