BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

INTER:VIEW - David Runnels

INTER:VIEW is a new feature of Todd Blog where I interview my friends to showcase how rockin' awesome they are. According to the rules of INTER:VIEW, the interview post with the most comments will win a free guest-blogging spot in the future.

#1 Hello, David.
Hello, Todd. Are you aware that your e-mail containing your questions to me was in Times New Roman font? Was that on purpose?

#2. Are you mad at me?
Not in the least bit, extreme emotions are often misidentified. What may appear to you as anger, is an abounding and ludic love. Also, I forgot Monday was laundry day. In absence of clean boxers, I was wearing briefs (they bind).

#3. I feel that it's only right for me to get some of the unpleasantness out of the way before we get in to your interview. A while back, I asked you - rather politely, I think - to participate in a one-day "My Friday" collective post. And you responded with something like "No. I hate the My Friday post." What didn't you just say "No, thank you"? You're normally a very polite individual...why were you so aggressive to me that day in the Cheddars waiting area?
I don’t hate your Friday Post. I’m morally opposed to the concept of ritualistically posting the happenings of one’s life. At least you’re not regularly videoing yourself performing mundane routines and posting those online. Quite honestly, do you really want to read that on each Friday, I sit on the couch in my boxer shorts, eating Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch while playing Wii for 9 or 10 hours straight?
#4. Do you regret not participating in the My Friday movement?
As of yet…no. However, after this Friday I might feel differently.

#5. But do you, though?
Yeah…secretly, I kinda do. I wish I were interesting enough to have a life, at least once a week.

#6. You recently went through a difficult time with your digital music archive. You lost some songs that were very near and dear to your heart. If you're able, tell us how many songs you lost in the Hard Drive Crash of 2008:
Somewhere in the neighborhood of 12,000. The number of songs directly related to puppetry; 700.

#7. How are you coping?
Very well. The drive did not define me. There are a few songs that keep creeping into my head taunting me, goading me to towards emotional breakdown. I’ve found ignoring my ipod and listening exclusively to AM radio has been a healing salve.

#8. That's so unfortunate, both for the loss of good music and the amount of money invested in purchasing that many songs. How much money total was spent on that large large large catalog of tunes?
That’s a difficult figure to calculate. Without factoring in the value of my labor, the cost of high speed internet, or my subscription to a certain file hosting site in the total of “money spent”, I estimate roughly 5 cents a song.

#9. You bought every one of the songs, right?
That depends on the definition of the word "bought."

buy
1: to acquire possession, ownership, or rights to the use or services of by payment especially of money
2 to obtain in exchange for something often at a sacrifice
3 to redeem, bribe
4: to be the purchasing equivalent of
5: accept, believe

I think under definitions 2 and 5, it is clear that I perhaps bought everyone of the songs. I definitely have used these songs to induce and influence you, Romack, Clay and surely Robert and Jason indirectly. Hey, isn’t that definition 3? 3 out of 5 ain’t bad!

#10. There were no "unauthorized" downloads in that collection, were there?
I could not venture to ascertain if every download was done with official permission. I may owe Steve Fee $9.99.

#11. We're running short on time, but can you give us some background on the whole Alan Tudyk situation?
Alan is know for his acting roles in; A Knight’s Tale, Firefly, as “Steve, the Pirate” in Dodgeball and in 3:10 to Yuma.
I attended Lon Morris College with Alan. Alan was a talented actor even then, prior to attending Jullliard.

My depth and dedication did not go unnoticed at Lon Morris. I was awarded “Male Most Likely to Succeed”.

According to Alan’s IMDB bio HE was given that award. It has taken me 2 years since this discovery to channel my rage, at the slighting I have been given by IMDB, away from Alan and rightfully to Anonymous (May God’s judgment be meeded slowly and painfully upon them whoever they are. Amen.)

#12. You once told me that your "DEAD TO ME" list was getting very long. I would imagine Mr. Tudyk is on that list?
Alan was once on that the sole person on that list. My epiphany in regards to Anonymous, spared Alan that fate. I was once very serious about my “DEAD TO ME” list. Now that I’ve come to see the comedic value of pronouncing one “DEAD TO ME”, the list is long and lacking any true merit (except for Anonymous). I now refuse to read or acknowledge the quotes, poetry, blog comments or passive aggressive notes of Anonymous.

#13. Any other folks on the list that I might know?
Adrienne has the distinguished honor of being placed on the list more than any human being. Sear’s of Lufkin, TX has been on the list since 2001.

Currently flirting with assignment to the list; Wal-Mart, Game X-change, several waitresses at Café Del Rio and the guy that that puts too much syrup on my snow cone despite clear and easily followed instructions which would spare me the inconvenient mess and him money on syrup and napkins.

#14. Thank you for your time, David. You are a fascinating (and horrible) man.
Thanks, Todd. You’re dead to me.

David Runnels, kids...if you like what you're reading, let us know in the comment section below!

9 comments:

Artie said...

You know, maybe you could have done this on a Friday and killed 2 birds with one stone..although I remember killing a bird with my bb gun when I was a wee child and it really broke my heart.. I wanted to fix it.. although I'm sure that my mom..were she alive today..would testify that I was never a wee child being 9 lbs and 13 ounces at birth. Blog more Runnels! You have a gift! Don't hide it under a bushel basket!!

rk said...

How do i not know this man? He's easily as funny as any of Todd's other "funny" friends, and he has a unique and admirable ability to channel his hate. Todd, from now on, don't post anything except more David Runnels interviews.

david said...

i promise should i win a guest-blogging spot, i WILL ebay it.

Clay said...

very funny interview...rich, powerful, entertaining.

Angela said...

The last line was just perfect. Great job David!

chrismaroon said...

I have been a Runnels fan since his migration south to Lufkin, and my fan-dom has grown over the months as he has mentored my two kids in their spiritual growth as their youth minister. After reading this interview, though my fan-dom has grown once again, I find myself wondering if I should instead be concerned about said mentoring.

I also feel he has potentially taken advantage of me and my EBAY weakness by offering up a possible guest blogging spot on said EBAY.

Oh, and until Mark started the maximum trunk of treats, David was the treat king and always provided me with such gems as the GIANT PIXY STICK. Just another reason for my fan-dom.

Very, very, very nice interview.

Todd Wright said...

Wow, David. Much love from the Todd Blog family.

A fine showing.

Don't forget everybody - tell your friends to come by and give David some love. You got 'til midnight!

jaariel said...

Kudos Todd & David. A slightly scary but quite amusing interview. Count me as a fan!

Suzy Lou said...

It's me, Suzy Childers. I actually went to Lon Morris College with both David Runnels and Alan Tudyk. I can testify that David was most likely to succeed, after me, of course.