BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 27, 2005

He Is Risen!

Morning Set
My Redeemer Lives (Hillsongs)
He Lives (Wright)
Sing to the King (Foote)
All Hail the Power (Peronnet, Holden)

Come Ye Sinners (Hart)
The Cross of Christ (Wright)


Pretty good set - lots of visitors checking us out. At rehearsal on Thursday, I just tried to encourage the team (and myself) that my goal today was to just simply bless the body. Too often on Easter, we feel like it's our "one shot" to catch all the fish we can. Certainly, it's such an amazing day for people to encounter the cross, but from the music perspective, we usually have - wait, I usually have, such an unrealistic expectation for worship. I told the team that I wanted to be focused on blessing the congregants with a quality opportunity to worship as opposed to staring at them in disbelief when they're not dancing in the aisle like I would want them to do.

I believe we had folks who worshipped. I kinda' blew the He Lives to Sing to the King deal. I got nervous with the pause and went ahead and started. To the crowd it just sounded like another Todd-Started-Songs, but I wish I would have said a bit more during the drum introduction.

Is it a blast to hear a guy talk about a set like you were there and know what the heck these songs sounded like?

Lent is over! Hallelujah!
I'm going to eat sugar all stinkin' day!
Kidding.
I hope.

0 comments: