BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 12, 2007


I grew up watching Sesame Street. Say what you want to about the erosion of family programming, but my kids watch Sesame Street and it hasn't changed all that much.

Jonah, our five-year old loves Elmo. Always has. And even though he sometimes acknowledges that he might be getting too old for America favorite little red monster, he still will stop everything he's doing at watch.

Finley, our our 20-month old, has a different love - Ernie. Just like her brother, Finley is transfixed when Ernie is on screen. (She also doesn't seem to get the difference between Bert and Ernie. They're both "Ernie" to her.)

The folks a the Sesame Workshop have introduced a few new characters over the years, but for the most part, it's still pretty much the same crew, which is nice as it plays up the nostalgia with parents in their thirties like me and Kristen.

So...
What was your favorite Sesame Street character?

11 comments:

Robert Conn said...

I've always been a fan of the less famous characters like Grover and Telly

Michael James said...

big bird...oven roasted with roasted potatoes

really...cookie monster. he's the man...er monster

Amy said...

I've always loved Grover. He is hilarious, and "The Monster at the End of This Book" is great.

Angela said...

I like Grover too. I loved the movie when Big Bird ran away and lived with the Do-Do bird family.

daniel said...

Mr. Snuffleupagus or Snuffy... he was Big Bird's imaginary friend who always carried around a red ball or a big teddy bear in his trunk. You didn't see him much, but he was the best.

Johnny! said...

I can't stand any of them little hippies.

Clay said...

A toss up between The Count and Oscar the Grouch

Romack said...

Ahhh, I spent many an afternoon noon at "The Street".....good times. I, for some reason, enjoyed Bert and Ernie. In fact, I had a Sesame Street book featuring Bert and Ernie working at Mr. Hooper's store...that was my favorite book as a kid.

Johnny! said...

Heh.

Anonymous said...

I like Dorothy (Elmo's fish) too, Dad.

david said...

Mr. Hooper