BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 13, 2007

In our local grocery store, there is a Cotton Candy rack. Jonah asked for cotton candy EVERYTIME we're in there.

My reasons are good ones:
1. Cotton candy isn't very healthy
2. Cotton candy is too expensive
3. You haven't eaten lunch yet

Today, we ran into the store to pick up sweets. The only purpose of the trip was to find some delicious sweet goodness for the family to enjoy on a Saturday afternoon.
We walked in and Jonah asked for cotton candy...in a voice that said "I know this guy's not gonna' buy me any..."

I looked at him and said, "Yeah. Go get some."

I can't describe the way his eyes lit up as he bounded over to the rack to pick the absolute PERFECT bag of cotton candy. When we got home, the joy was still all over his face. This isn't a pose folks...this is how glad this kid was:


What about you? Anybody remember a time where your Mom or Dad surprised you in some little way?

6 comments:

Clay said...

I was surprised to find, two weeks after I left home for college, that my folks turned my bedroom into a breakfast nook.

Todd Wright said...

Sounds like something from a comedy set 4 years ago, dude.

You lie, man.

Clay said...

no, it's true. they put my water bed in the attic, ripped up carpet, laid linoleum, painted, and cut out a serving window from the kitchen to the room. for two years i slept in the living room on a sleeper sofa.

Clay said...

i slept on the sleeper sofa on the weekends when i came home from college.

Robert Conn said...

linoleum?

Dang Clay, when did you leave for college? The 60s?

Romack said...

Clay and a water bed concerns me more.