BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tuesdays With Ross...

Left Lufkin at around 7:50, got gas and some breakfast and heaed to the land where everybody bleeds maroon.

Ross and I pulled into the studio at exactly the same time: 10 minutes late.

We embraced, greeted each other with a holy kiss, then began rubbin' the funk all over some sweet tasty vocal trax. (Side note - Mr. King did not bring his laptop for fear that I would steal away and "hack" his blog in an effort of retaliation.)

We talked about random stuff, then I climbed into the vocal booth to listen back to some vocal stuff from last week. I took a few more passes at "Align" and "Glorify," then we moved on to "Beautiful." It took me a couple of passes to loosen up, but I was still struggling with the melody in the second line of the chorus. We muted the piano track and I sang to just acoustic, which help. Then we went to "You Gave Sight," which is fast becoming my favorite track on the CD. From there, I slaved my way through "Search and Know," a song I suddenly forgot how to sing. Ross was very patient and encouraging, and in the end, I think we got enough takes to make a decent vocal out of it.

Ate lunch at Koppe Bridge. Made many amazing plans for collaboration and creation the likes of which the American church has yet to see!

Drove back to the MixLab and jumped on "Like The Sun," which went pretty fast. Then to "King of Mercy," which was quick and fun. Even goofed off w/ some ad lib junk. (Channeled a little Baloche at the end...didn't think anybody would notice. Ross did.)

From there, we went to "Let It Be," then to "Cross of Christ."

Threw off the headphones, laid on Ross' couch for a few minutes to recover from the Holy Ghost anointed inside the vocal booth. Talked about next session, vocal processing and then headed for home. I desperately wanted some new music to listen to, so I stopped by Hastings before leaving. They had a pretty decent Christian music section, but didn't have the disc I was looking for. Instead, I listened to TobyMac all the way home. Seriously.

Got home, hugged the wife, played with the kids, bathed them (the kids, that is,) put them in bed, visited blog world, then heaeded outside to clean up garage for impending garage sale this weekend.

1 comments:

Johnny! said...

I'm tagging you. Go to my blog for details. Embrace "the gay" (and no that's not a David Nasser reference).