BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 25, 2007

Dear Breakaway Ministries!



Greetings! My name is Todd Wright and I am a singer/songwriter/worship leader and I would like to offer my services for your upcoming ministry season.

If you'll allow me, I'd like to give you a list of reason why you should allow me to lead at Breakaway.



1. I'm awesome. I mean, really. I know lots of guitar chords and none of them are with cut-capo. I have a beautiful singing voice. I'm a charismatic working in a Methodist Church, so I've got it covered. No matter who's at the arena on Tuesday night, they're gonna' get a dose of Holy Ghost Reverence.

2. I write songs. Good ones. They're easy to sing and include no "la-la's." They don't string together lots of phrases that make no sense.

3. I do not perform songs by UNITED.

4. I like to mix up my set. We can rock (a la U2) and bring the room down too (a la Shane and Shane.)

5. My band will include: John Simmons on drums, Robert Conn on percussion, Adam Fischer on electric guitar, Dino on piano and Ross King on bass.

6. I'm really cheap.

Anybody want to help me out with this before I mail it in?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I could so see you breaking it down at BreakAway!

Robert Conn said...

I don't know man, things just haven't been the same since Ross left.

Todd Wright said...

Dude, I'm like a cross between Tomlin and Ross with a little Lincoln Brewster and Paul Baloche in the mix.

Lance said...

I wouldn't change a thing...
it is perfect.

Good luck (gasp! I mean BLESSINGS) in your new season of ministry @ Breakaway!

Ffdskl Edhchgerg said...

make "I'm really cheap" in bold.

add references to Matt Chandler and Bleecker and the Village Church.

Ben Stuart, the guy teaching, is a former village person.

rk said...

Take out any references to Ross King. And say "whoop" at some point.