BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 18, 2007

My Friday

Woke up with a really bad case of the "I can't keep my eyes open." Kristen got up with the kids first, gave me an hour to sleep, then I took over. The whole Wright clan was up an moving by 8:30. (Some earlier than others.)

We all had a little breakfast, watched some PBS, played with toys. I started getting ready for some Friday yard work. I was changing Finley's diaper back in her room when Kristen yells out...
"POPS IS COMING OVER WITH DONUTS!"

'Pops" is my dad. He brings donuts. And that's why we love him. He showed up a bit later - we ate, then Pops took Jonah and Finley outside to the playhouse and occupied them for a few minutes. He came back in, handed them off and went to work.

I got outside for the yard work, but told Jonah we could play instead. He was in the middle of "Caillou," this annoying cartoon that PBS shows, so I told him I'd get started on yard work while he finished his show...

I worked for about a half-hour until Jonah came out, then we played "Robots" until Kristen yells out...
'PAPA AND GIGI ARE COMING OVER!"
My grandparents showed up about 10 minutes later. We visited with them for a bit, then headed back outside when they left. While Jonah and I played, Krist laid Finley down for her nap.

After a little while, Jonah decided he wants to play by himself, so he heads off and I resume cleaning up the Jungle in the back. It's a massive project, but there's no rush on the fence construction, so I've decided to donate time here and there and gradually make it better. On the day, I spent about two hours clearing and carrying nature's debris to the fire pile.

Came in, showered, then dressed as Finley woke up. Kristen was scheduled to work at her aunt's today, but rather than just hang out at home, we decided that the kids and I would run around town while she worked. On the way to the office, we stopped to get Icees and gas where I saw two very passionate lesbians. It may not be weird to see women hugged up in a gas station where you live, but in Lufkin, it's relatively rare. I get the snacks and gas and took Krist to work.

While she worked, the kids and I made a deposit at the bank then hung out at Target before heading back to pick her up. Finley was not digging the car-riding thing today, so she whined for most of the trip. (I was proud of myself - I didn't lose patience and turn into Angry Dad. This is a big step for me!)

Picked up Kristen, headed for Sonic. (Yes, I bought my son an Icee and ice cream in the same day. Sorry. It just happened.) On the way, we drop off Kristen at a little shopping plaza, then make the Sonic run. After Sonic, we pick up Krist and head for the park.

We didn't stay long at the park, Finley was still quite grumpy.

Drove home. Jonah looked at comic books while we put Finley down for a nap. After she laid down, Krist laid on the couch and pretended not to doze as Oprah and Sarah Jessica Parker talk about affordable fashion. Jonah went outside, making sure I'd be out there in a little while. Jonah came right back in while I was setting up GameCube as a surprise for him. (He's been on a no-video game diet this past week and we decided to reward him.)

He played GameCube while Krist and I napped for about 20 minutes. (NICE!) Me, K and Fin got up about 5 and started cooking dinner - French Bread Pizza, easy and delicious. After pizza, we let Jonah finish one more level before he turned it off.

Once the video game was turned off, our kids were running around the living room doing their best to drive us crazy, so we all went for a walk around the neighborhood. It got us outdoors and gave Jonah some time to run and yell. We came back home, bathed the kids, watched America's Funniest Videos (a favorite around the Wright house,) then put the kids to bed.

Now it's off to bed early...we're heading to a reunion in Tyler tomorrow.