BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Sunday's Set
For Your Name (Packiam)
Stir Up A Hunger (Baloche)
My Lips Will Sing (Wright)
Who May Ascend (King)
Search and Know (Wright)

We had early practice (8am,) the only problem was that Mark decided to replace his drum heads. So we practiced while Mark put heads on the kit and then tuned them. So he came into the set w/ absolutely no practice. Now, I don't mind this. I like being able to freestyle, but Mark is not always the best at remembering songs from our catalog. Plus, the band gets a little nervous if Mark doesn't know where we're going.

That being said, it was a good set. We had 219, which is pretty good. We weren't foolish enough to believe that we'd hit 232 again, but 219 was still strong.

Lighting and our videos ran great. The set was amazing up until "Who May Ascend." I had a key change designed, but didn't get to run it with the band, so I had to do it myself. It didn't work that well. It was a G - A jump, so I could have done a couple of other things.

  • Do the transition in the previous song and end on the A. (Very pop feel)
  • End the G song, go to scripture/encouragement and let Mark start us off
  • Let Mark start the A song on the 4 beat of the previous song

I want to keep using the Modex to build transitions...I just need to plan a lot of time for the band to learn them.

After offering, we did "Search and Know" w/ percussion, acoustic and piano. I have done the song here once or twice a long time ago, but it was brand new to most everybody. I was shocked at the response. I heard a lot of good feedback about the song, which was encouraging.

So, I off to plan another set (w/ better transitions hopefully) and get our video ready for this week.

See ya' when I see ya'!

0 comments: