BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Woke up around 7:10, rode my bike while Krist and Jonah slept on the couch. Got back in around 8. Showered, ironed my clothes and we all got ready. We called Butch and Carol to invite them to eat breakfast with us at Golden Corrall.

Met them at 9:15 for breakfast and let about 10. Back home for another 30 minutes changing clothes and getting ready, then we took Jonah to my grandparents and headed to Houston.

We had tickets to Phantom of the Opera in Houston at 2pm, so we were set to head south at 11:15. Then we realized that we hadn't filled up the car OR taken any cash for parking. We filled up and decided to chance it and try to just find an ATM on the way to Houston. Easy, right? Not so much.

Took us forever to find a place with an ATM, but we finally did. (Grimy Chase Bank building. Why is Houston so dirty?)

Got to the auditorium about 1:40 and took our seats.

Show was awesome. I was familiar with about half of the musical, but the stage and effects just blew me away. Krist and I are hooked. Next season will bring in tours of Wicked, The Lion King, and Annie. I bet we'll see at least one of those come 2006!

Got out of the show around 4:50 and headed north. Stopped at an Arby's at the Porter/Conroe exit. (Mmmm...curly fries.)

Made it home somewhere near 7 and picked up Jonah at Carol's.

Krist is reading to Jonah as he winds down - no nap today. After the family is off to bed, I'm heading up to the church to do projection, compile video clips and make sure that everything is okay for tomorrow. Have an early practice (sucks,) but we can't very well get up there without practicing! (Would that I could.)

4 comments:

Robert Conn said...

Glad to see you guys are supporting our local eating establishments in good old Porter. The last time that I ate at that Arby's was the Summer of 1995 with Robbie while I was working at Guy's A/C & Heating...

TMI - I know!

Robert Conn said...

It was a warm day in the upper 90s with a slight wind out of the Northeast...

Robert Conn said...

I had an Arby's special with a Dr. Pepper.

Robert Conn said...

We talk about taxation without representation.