BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Songs or Sleep?

After becoming enormously bummed at the quality of "I Am Glad" and no good version of "My Lips Will Sing," I actually made it work!

Tonight, I was going to try to throw some sermon stuff on the Roland. While doing that, I discovered a good version of "My Lips Will Sing." I considered adding an electric part, but found the sound to be good enough to communicate as it was. I thickened up the reverb on the vocals and mixed it.

Energized by this discovery of the new tune, I plugged in a mic and laid down a vocal for "I Am Glad." I was relaxed about it and I think it came through. Therefore, now "I Am Glad" and "My Lips Will Sing" are on my song site. (See My Songs link)

I emailed some folks (John Martin, Finnerud, Aaron Keyes, Todd Hinkie, Ross) to ask them to check out the site. I look forward to honest feedback and it does excite me that these songs might possibly be used elsewhere. However, I have to watch myself, because I get way too focused on the publishing stuff and forget that idea of contentment.

Recording Next...
King of Mercy (better version)
You Gave Sight
Remind Us
Search and Know
Home Tonight

1 comments:

Romack said...

Who needs sleep anyways? I get 4 maybe 5 hours most nights...you can get so much done at 2am.