BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 09, 2005

.........................

May 8, 2005
Today's Set
O Come Let Us Adore Him (Public)
Rejoice (Foote)
Sing to the King (Foote)
All the Earth Will Sing Your Praises (Baloche)
Step by Step (Beaker)
Lay it Down (Lubben)


You know, there are some days when you look back at your band and think,

"We're finally getting this."

Today was one of those days. We'll never get hired by Integrity. We'll never be able to play all the top 40 hits of CCM radio. We'll probably never make a live worship CD w/ hundreds of adoring fans out in the crowd.

But every so often, we get it. We play w/ some sort of unified purpose. I have to give very few cues and and the songs just flow from us. Cool.

After the service went to Granny's for Mother's Day Lunch. Sandwiches. Yeah. It was weird. But we did have Blue Bell Vanilla w/ crushed butterfinger topping. Mama mia.

Came home put Jonah down for a little nap and laid down myself. I slept for about an hour and half as East Texas rain fell pittering/pattering on my roof.

Woke up, ran to the store. Went by Carol's, came home, put the boy to bed. Krist and I talked for a bit, then I did about thirty minutes on the treadmill watching "Tombstone."

That movie is completely ridiculous and stupid.
So why do I like it so much?

2 comments:

Robert Conn said...

I've noticed you have been doing "Step by Step" often. Getting a big response?

Clay said...

Hey! Tombstone is one of the greatest westerns ever made! You liked it it because it's good. Real good...I'll be your huckleberry.