BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 25, 2011

RUN TODD RUN, Week 43

MONDAY, 2/21/11
No gym...day was just too wild. Did get out in the neighborhood, though; ran around 9:45pm and put in thirty minutes. Pretty good run that felt alright until about 22 minutes in. The hills in my neighborhood are steep and short, so I end up shifting gears quicker than normal. Can definitely tell that I haven't been doing too great on the junk food - my body just won't go! I was able to listen to a new worship CD though, so that helped the run a bit!

WEDNESDAY, 2/23/11
Went to the ROC, but wasn't feeling it. Did a mile, took a short walk break, then ran another one. Ended up frustrated but glad I put the time in.

FRIDAY, 2/25/11
After hearing Tyler Stanton praise the Galloway method of marathon training, I decided to give it a shot.
Went to the ROC and did a 3 min. run / 1 min. walk for a full three miles. Did it right at 29 minutes, which was pretty close to what I was aiming for. The third mile was really tough for some reason. Wasn't really seeing much benefit from Mr. Galloway's theory of preventing end-of-run slowness...I was pretty slow by the end there. I'm going to keep it up to see if long-term it does improve overall time and distance. This was the first day where I could physically remember what summer running is like. It was just humid enough to keep me sweating once I got back in the house.

3 comments:

Caleb said...

OH yeah. Thanks for the reminder. Something to look forward to. On the plus side, daylight saving time will be here in 2 weeks. Really glad about that.

Tyler said...

Hey man-
It was really hard for me at first too. I've been at it for about a month now and it's revolutionary. I've only been running 3 miles at a time every other day or so, but my times are now faster than when I ran the whole thing.

It may not be for everybody though.

Todd Wright said...

Hey, Tyler, thanks for clicking over here. I'm liking Galloway - it's reminding me that exercise is the THING and to not freak out just because I took a walk break.