BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 14, 2011

RUN TODD RUN, Week 37

MONDAY, 1/10/11
No, I didn't get out and run in the ice and snow of EAST TEXAS BLIZZARD 2011, but I did go to the gym. Did 3 miles in just over 31 minutes. Not very fast, but finishing is the thing!

Also hit the weights again for fifteen minutes or so. Would have liked to do more, but the room was a bit crowded and I had places to be!

This also marks a full week of no sweets.
There have been a couple of times when I wanted to rob a candy store, but for the most part, it's been okay. With that and the exercise, I've knocked off about five pounds since my last weigh-in. One of the best parts about no sweets is that I don't feel quite as stressed about exercise. Normally, if I don't get to the gym, I usually go to bed thinking, "Why did you eight donuts today?" When I'm off sweets, I can end my day with some confidence that the normal activity of my life probably was suitable fitness.

WEDNESDAY, 1/12/11
Went to the gym with Kristen. Did thirty minutes on treadmill and then weights for about 20 minutes. Didn't as long a warm up before running and regretted it. Realizing I like a good ten minutes of walking before running. (Is that too much?) On the weights, I tried a thing called "backwards lifting" that's supposed to produce quicker results. So far, it's only produced more intense soreness. I'll let you know.

Good grief, I love sweets. Craving 'em, y'all.

3 comments:

Liz said...

Do tell...what is backward lifting?

Todd Wright said...

Here's where I found it, Liz:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1608/is_3_21/ai_n13504307/

Liz said...

Cool! I've been doing 3 sets of 10 reps, so I guess that's "conventional". Didn't even know it. I'm going to give the backward thing a try!