BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

DENTIST

Went to the dentist this morning for a cleaning. I have a long-standing terror of the dentist, but thanks to Dr. Parris Kitt and his staff, I'm facing fears and even glad to go.

While I was there this morning, I waited quietly and thought about the whole experience. Tthese are a few of the thoughts that went through my head.

  • Why do I schedule appointments at 8am? I normally don't do anything at 8am...why would I willingly let people do dental work on me? I know how it happens, though - on that previous visit, you're so glad to get out of there, you'll agree to anything. Six months from now, can you be here at 7:45am? "Yes. You betcha. Goodbye."

  • Tim Whatley changed everything. This Seinfeld storyline changed the dental experience for many fans. I look through the magazines and imagine Cosmo Kramer finding just the right adult magazine to read before getting a filling. And who among us hasn't wished our doc would take a sniff of the gas at least once?

  • Good music makes all the difference. My dentist has the whole TV thing that you can watch, but I don't care much about that. I care about the music. During my last visit, he jammed an entire Switchfoot playlist. This morning, Jars of Clay. For me, that's pretty enjoyable.

  • Magazines. No, no, I'm not going to make a joke about old magazines because Dr. Kitt doesn't have old magazines. But I will say this - this morning, I read an issue of TIME Magazine. You know the last time I read TIME? NEVER.
What about you? What are some of your most recent dental observations?

1 comments:

Liz said...

I'll let ya know on Jan 28th when our whole family goes. To Chandler to visit our dentist. Don't get me started on the state's lovely theory that if you have a dentist within 70 miles of your home, that's acceptable. Good grief. 40 miles to see the dentist. :::sigh:::