BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 11, 2010

The Breakdown

That most unholy day is fast approaching and it's long been my belief that if we fail to prepare...

You know what I'm talking about.


CANDY.

How you approach candy consumption at Halloween is important. Let's face it, you've only got so much stomach space and power of indigestion and you've got to use it wisely. Here's my candy breakdown.
  1. REESE'S/KITKAT
    I hate that my top pick is a double item, but I simply cannot pick between the two. I realize that "Reese's" could mean a whole host of items these days, but for my list, we're talking Peanut Butter Cups. (large or those little individually wrapped ones.) I realize that KitKats aren't the sexiest candy out there, but I find it just the perfect chocolate-to-wafer combination. The sad part is that my children also enjoy Resse's and KitKat, which forces me to steal from them when they are not looking.

  2. BUTTERFINGER
    Crispety. Crunchity. Peanut-buttery. Enough said.

  3. SNICKERS
    I've long maintained that "Snickers" candy bars are the most filling of all bar candies. I mean, a big one of those is like eating lunch. Those little bit-size ones have to be consumed in one bite, though...I can't have all that caramel business in my beard.

  4. TWIX
    There are better candy bars out there, but isn't there something special about getting TWO bars for the price of one? What's that? I'm a greedy glutton? Oh, that's right.

  5. TOOTSIE ROLLS (POPS)
    I have to watch myself on Tootsie Rolls. Because they're packaged by the hundreds, I often will eat them non-stop.

  6. THREE MUSKETEERS/MILKY WAY
    We're really getting low here. A few years ago, when I worked at a school, the entire student body gave me Three Musketeers for a whole week. I'll never be the same. And Milky Way's are way too sweet.

  7. STARBURST
    I love Starburst. They're at the bottom of the list simply because they're not chocolate. Nothing beats chocolate. You hear me? Nothing. beats. chocolate.
So, what about you? What's your top pick when it comes to Halloween candy?

3 comments:

Shelly Conn said...

I hear you about "that week" at school when all the students brought us candy. I was brought sour candy. I have never really liked it since. Over load can do that to a person.

Chocolate, really anything chocolate will do for Halloween candy! Top pick would be Almond Joy's!!

Johnny! said...

You have completely ignored the fine offerings from the Hershey company. This aggression will not stand, man.

Robert Conn said...

Almond Joy is like gold around our house.

You better not get in the way of my kids and their Almond Joy!