BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 08, 2010

RUN TODD RUN, Week 23

SUNDAY, 10/3/10
Opted for bed on Saturday instead of running. (I am so weak!) Instead, I got up really early Sunday morning before church and took a walk. It was more prayer/preparation than exercise, but it was still a mile, so I'm counting it!

When the gym stuff is consistent, I'd like to walk on my "off" days. It's some measure of exercise, but it also helps me clear my head and focus on stuff that's important.

TUESDAY, 10/5/10
Went out to the Southern Trails behind our gym for some outdoor running. I've been trying to get out there for weeks, but it's never worked out. I've been wanting to try this trail because A) it's clearly marked and measured, which keeps from doing math the whole time, and B) it's flat. I like flat.

The weather was perfect so I fired up the new Kings of Leon record and hit the trail. I was surprised at how quickly the first mile came. I ran it a bit faster than my normal speed and came in right at 10 minutes, but it wasn't so much about speed. Maybe it was the scenery, but the first mile seemed to sneak up on me. My goal was to do 2 miles, but I got a little worried at how much my legs were complaining. (That happens when you run faster, I guess...) Halfway into my second mile, I was dreading it. My pace felt way slower and my legs weren't moving as quickly as I was willing them to. All said, however, I landed mile #2 right at 10 minutes as well, which felt pretty great. Don't know that I've ever run 2 miles in twenty minutes, so that was surprise. Would have loved to see if I could knock out a third mile in another 10, but my legs were gone and I was out of time and had to get to work. I'm guessing that third mile would have been a 15-minute sort of thing.

FRIDAY, 10/8/10
Got back to the gym on Friday. Did just over 3 miles in 35 minutes on the treadmill. Didn't have a lot of extra time, but I'm not sure I could have gone much longer. Glad to get a third
exercise session in for the week.

0 comments: