BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

SUCKER...

We've all that old saying..."there's a sucker born every minute."

While that saying seems to be more rooted in human naivety than natural, general affection, it also bears consideration that for each us, there are things that 'get us.' Maybe it's that sappy love song or a certain type of movie or a special drink from that restaurant you like. The fact is this: we're all suckers.

Figured I'd list some of the ways I'm a sucker, and then maybe see what you fall for.

I'M A SUCKER FOR:

  • Extreme Home Makeover. Every time, I think I'll watch a little of this, but I won't get into it. Forty minutes later, I'm in the kitchen hoping my family doesn't see my wiping tears off my face.

  • Lunch Out. It doesn't matter how busy I am. If somebody rolls by my office and says, "Hey, you wanna' go out to eat for lunch?" I'll go. Any time. Any way. Any place. I'll go.

  • Late Night Junk Food. I can usually pass on donuts and cookies and such during the day if so inclined, but if it's after 10pm and there's something sweet in this house, it's doing DOWN.

  • YouTube. Yeah, I dig YouTube. I'm on it and I watch it. But, man, does it suck me in! I'll start just watching some video while a CD burns or something renders on my computer and then thirty mintues later, I'm still watching stuff!

  • A Movie With My Wife. If my wife even hints at going to see a movie together, I will move heaven and earth to make that happen. Why? Because I love my wife. And I love movies. In that order, of course.

  • Finishing Netflix In One Sitting. I tend to watch Netflix stuff while I'm on the treadmill. The problem is that I'm on there 30 minutes or so, but I won't turn off the dang movie and go to bed. I'll watch a whole movie at midnight!

  • Anything Songwriting. If somebody's talking, writing, discussing, modeling or critiquing songwriting, I'm done. It doesn't even matter if I respect the person talking. I'm a sucker for it.
That's a brief list of mine. Now you...what are you a sucker for?

0 comments: