BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 09, 2010

(LIST) 10 Comedians that Make Me Laugh

  • Nick Swardson. Nick's a refreshing change from the way overdone dry, sarcastic, random comic style made popular by Demetri Martin, Mike Birbiglia and the like.

  • Jim Gaffigan. Gaffigan's the gold standard. Don't know of anybody who does it better. Witty, great delivery, very creative and prolific with his work. I've yet to meet any one who doesn't dig Gaffigan.

  • Cedric The Entertainer. Oh my gosh. This dude is funny. All. the. time.

  • Daniel Tosh. Most folks know him better for his Comedy Central show, Tosh.0, but Daniel Tosh's stand-up is everything Dane Cook wants to be. It's lightning fast and aggresive without sounding programmed.

  • Katt Williams. It's not just that Williams is funny...this guy is inspirational. If you can endure the language, Katt's rants are some of the most encouraging, motivational stuff you'll hear from a stand-up.

  • Chris Rock. Strange as it may seem, Chris Rock is one of the few comedians that really "hits" me. When I watch him work, I hear myself saying "That's so true!" This guy's jokes resonate.

  • Mike Green. I stumbled on Mike's work a couple of years ago. I finally found him on twitter and YouTube and I'm pumped to follow him. His comedy album Burnt is one of my all-time favorite comedy records.
How 'bout you? Any stand-ups you dig?

1 comments:

Caroline said...

Ellen..I also love Jim Gaffigan!!!