BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 02, 2009

SUNDAY SETLIST, 11/1/09


Big day for Bethel Bible today! We went to our new service times and it seemed to be a pretty smooth transition!

A THOUSAND GENERATIONS
Man, we love this Don Poythress tune! It's so simple and says exactly the things we need to be reminded of as God's people. The band does great on this one and the church seems to sing it with a lot of gusto.

I'M SINGING
This one is still pretty new. We didn't have mandolin on it this time, but it still came off great. We had the added benefit of Elizabeth on backing vocals. Sarah led this one so well and Elizabeth offered some great harmony stuff. I'm still not sure this one has caught on yet. I like it - the groove is good practice for us. We'll keep trying this one to see if it's a keeper.

EVERYTHING TO GOD
Brought this one back. This one is a ton of fun. Probably won't become a standard Bethel Band tune, but it's a fun one to jam. Arlie's bass and Tim's organ are so slammin' on this song!

FOREVER FAITHFUL
Second time to do this one on Sunday morning. Overall feel was much stronger this time - drums and bass really locked in to create that subtle groove that makes this tune work. Piano and key fills were a nice addition.

I AM GLAD (Chorus)
I love flowing right out of Forever Faithful into something else. Today, it was my tune I Am Glad. We made one slight change to the drums in between services, other than than it was a nice build during both sets.

A very good and very busy day at Bethel. I liked playing to a fuller crowd in the first service and it was nice to see some room available for growth in the second one!

1 comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

We got there a few minutes late, so we missed "I'm Singin". Sorry I missed that. I LOVED Forever Faithful and So Glad. The words were just what I needed to hear and what I needed to proclaim to God yesterday!! As always, great job. Thanks for being a powerful instrument for God at our church.