BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

See This Movie!

Sunday night, I caught a really cool documentary on HBO.

Originally titled "Cornered," Eric Drath's gritty peek into the vast world of professional boxing has now made its debut as ASSAULT IN THE RING.

I happened to catch it late Sunday night and I was immediately hooked. Drath looks at one single fight in 1983 that went horribly wrong for two young boxers. I had never heard of this fight and the documentary did a great job of keeping me on the edge of my seat.

It's a story of guilt, co-dependence, and the cost of following one's dreams regardless of the damage it inflicts on those closest to us.

If you're able to get it, I think you'll find it to be an expertly told tale and a subtle reminder that just as there's power in confession, there's death in deceit.

Check out the info here or the official site here.

0 comments: