BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

This isn't a review of the new Transformers sequel. (That one's coming...in an article I'm going to entitle "Dear Mr. Bay.") This post is rather a brief list of observations that I had while at the late viewing of aforementioned movie. Feel free to discuss.

1. THE WOMAN WHO BRINGS HER KID TO THE LATE MOVIE
Can we talk about this for a minute? Who are these people who bring their five-year old to an 11pm movie? And a pretty violent one at that? Listen, I get that summer is stay-up-late-have-fun season, but really? Taking a kid to a movie that doesn't let out until 2am? How do these kids stay awake? My kids would be OUT.

2. TEXTING
Does anybody else feel like the time before the previews is like the text olympics? If you prefer to sit high up, you can spot a good 10-20 phones out in the ten minutes leading up to the movie. I'm a bit of a slow texter and I always feel insecure when texting in the movie theater. I'm a light-weight compared to these people.

3. ANYBODY ELSE WANNA' PUNCH THAT SCREENVIEW GUY?
Do you know this guy? The little dude in the snappy sweater who asks you really easy trivia questions for about twenty minutes? And why can't I stop looking at his teeth?

4. HATS
At this particular viewing, there were far too many "tilted" hats. You know the ones I mean? The ones with the extremely straight bill and cocked every so slightly (usually to the right)? There were a lot of those. Not a fan of the titled hat.

5. MEGAN FOX
Okay...the whole issue of Megan Fox could be a post all by itself, but I'll try to compile the thoughts here.

A. Yes, she's pretty, but it was highly uncomfortable to hear 65 teenagers and frat boys snicker, ooh and aah when she first comes on screen. Awkward.

B. I think she's done something to her lips. They seemed a bit poofy in that first scene. It wasn't good.

C. Why does she look so greasy all the time?

These are just a few thoughts I had during the movie. The movie had great action, a pretty creative storyline, lots more characters and was funnier that the last one. It was also more profane and a few too many of the characters (robots) looked alike. That confused me.

0 comments: