BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 02, 2009

(LIST)

  • Tried out my new song "Forever Faithful" Wednesday at Bethel's youth service. It went great for a first-time performance. A few of the projection slides were missing...need to check and see if they disappeared or just weren't being cued. I'll check that later. But I'd consider the tune "ready" after that performance.

  • The response to the whole Louie Giglio chance-encounter has been really fun and surprising. What's more surprising - how many people have told me what I should have eaten there. No offense, but I don't think anything can top the Bird To The Wise. (Even though it's a really dumb name.)

  • I finally watched Mayer's "Where The Light Is" DVD. I've been a longtime fan of the record, but I really enjoyed digging into the video for the first time. The trio stuff was probably the most fun thing to watch.

  • Related - I find that I run longer when I'm watching concert DVDs. I tend to watch something every time I run on the treadmill, but live music just has a way of distracting me from my typical thoughts of I-HATE-THIS-WHY-AM-I-RUNNING-OH-MAKE-IT-STOP-SOMEBODY-BRING-ME-A-SWEET-TEA-STAT.

  • I recorded Point Break this week on the DVR. In my opinion, this is one of Patrick Swayze's coolest movies. (Of course, we all know that Roadhouse is the #1 Swayze movie. And always will be.) On Friday, every single twitter post will be a line from "Point Break." I'm thinking of making it a huge event where I encourage everyone to use their twitter accounts and Facebook status updates to quote Swayze. I can see all the #swayzequotes hashtags now! You may wonder why I would do something like this? Because I am a fool. Watch the blog for more info!

  • Kristen found internet rumors this week that J.J. Abrams has expressed interest in adapting Stephen King's massive "Dark Tower" series for either TV or theatrical release. Tower is one of the weirdest, creative, disturbing, engaging things I've ever read. In truth, only Abrams could pull it off, in my opinion.

  • I ain't gonna' lie. I want some gigs. That's right. I want to hit the road and go lead some worship! Who's got some gigs for me?

2 comments:

wjcollier3 said...

are you looking for solo acoustic gigs or full band rock the house gigs or either or both?

p-melt said...

+1 for the JM3!