BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

(LIST)

  • The donut place down the street from our house has the coldest drinks in the world. I'm not kidding...when I stop and get a Diet Dr. Pepper (which is hardly ever,) the drink ices up as soon as I open the lid. Diet DP slush! YES...

  • Tuesday night, before going to bed, Jonah asked Kristen if the "devil" had a "pinchfork" that he used to poke "people's heinies" before "throwing them in the fire." Kristen told him that was absolutely correct.

  • Last weekend we moved our treadmill into the game room with the TV, which is awesome, because now I can watch TV and run. The only problem is that I'm so interested in the stuff I'm watching that once I run, I stand there until the shows over. Some might say that I should exercise the remainder of the hour, but that's ridiculous. I'm not a machine.

  • I listened to Glen Beck the other day for the first time in quite a while. Glen's still got it.

  • A few days ago, I stopped at the DQ in Gresham (five miles down the road) and got a delicious chicken finger basket for $6. It was great...cheap, filling and I got to support Dairy Queen...that symbol of the old East Texas culture I grew up with. Gresham DQ isn't just hanging in there, Rob. They're thriving, dude.

  • I love hanging out with the kids at Immerse. There are some phenomenal college students that constantly impress me with their devotion to God.

  • For the past few months, I've needed to do a vlog about a pair of headphones I own. I may do that next week.

  • I've been doing more random blogging through tumblr. I really like it. Very simple...like blogging lite...not a lot of bells and whistles, no comment option, just an online journal. You can check it at toddwrightband.tumblr.com.

  • People keep telling me that I'm going to fall in love with our new dog, Bess. I think those people are wrong.

  • Still no word on my two songs submitted to "TAXI." One of them is a Yes/No submission, but the other one will come back with an industry critique regardless of whether or not it passes. Those critiques are usually pretty good.

  • Had somebody ask me the other day..."So, you carve out any songwriting time, yet?" While this is awesome because tthis person took time to read my blog and ask me something relevant to my life these days, it's also depressing because the answer is the same: NO.

  • The more I watch Kevin Spacey, the more unimpressed I am. That guy peaked at Usual Suspects in my opinion. Man, that movie was awesome.

  • When you get movie channels, you realize how many random, bland movies are being created on a yearly basis.

1 comments:

Robert Conn said...

DQ - The official "Choke and Puke" of East Texas.

The question is have you been into a DQ that has opened in the last 15 years? That would be impressing.