BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008


At my house, we watch The Polar Express.
A LOT.

That's fine, because it has become my favorite all-time Christmas movie.

But every time I watch it, I come up with the same questions and I'm sure some of you smarties have an idea...

IS THE CONDUCTOR ALL KNOWING?

In short, is anything that happens on that train ride a surprise?
Or does he know everything...even when he's away from "The Boy."
I've been asking some of my friends about this and I've already heard some interesting theories.
Here's a sampling.

  1. The conductor is all-knowing and the train ride happens every year to a child who doesn't believe.
  2. The train is a time-machine...in fact, this theory supposes that "the boy" is actually the conductor as a child and now the adult version of that child is coming back to save himself, to remind him to believe.
  3. The conductor isn't all-knowing, but he IS actually Santa Claus, so whatever happens is all good.
You got a theory? Is the conductor wise to everything that's going on? How do you know? What does the conductor do to make us think he's completely aware of every detail of that ride?

0 comments: