BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 23, 2008

I Love These Things...

You know me...I'm a sucker for these little "tag" posts. Well, this one originated from Staci King, who is the wife of Ross King. Staci tagged Shelly and then Kristen, who is my wife. Then my wife tagged me. Staci's blog is good. If she likes you, she links you. She is the Queen Linker of the Blogosphere.

I strongly urge you to check out what those folks had to say on their little tag-surveys. It's good stuff.

WHAT WERE YOU DOING FIVE YEARS AGO?


1. Trying to figure out how to be a Dad. Jonah was one and Kristen and I didn't have a clue what we were doing.
2. Learning the finer points of government employ.
3. Working 2 part-time jobs at two different churches. (Different denominations! How ecumenical!)
4. Writing tons of songs and playing them immediately for any and all who would listen.
5. Firing up http://www.worshipnotes.org/.

FIVE THINGS ON YOUR TO-DO LIST TODAY?

1. See if I can master Pinnacle on my laptop.
2. Take my wife out to see Indiana Jones.
3. Play with the kids.
4. Drink Diet Pepsi.
5. Clean up the porch a bit. (Never happen.)

FIVE SNACKS YOU ENJOY?

1. Sugary cereal. Preferably late at night.

2. Ice cream.
3. Doritos.
4. Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Pepsi
5. Heroin

FIVE THINGS WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE A BILLIONAIRE?

1. I'd make some creditors VERY happy.
2. New cars for me and my lady.
3. Buy a truck full of guitars.
4. Open a restaurant where everything is free. (Until we go out of business.)
5. Buy one Macbook.

FIVE OF YOUR BAD HABITS?

1. Being too critical, too fast.
2. Staying up too late. Way way too late.
3. Not taking care of cars. (Oil changes, tire rotation, state inspection, refueling...) 4. Sighing when I'm mad at Kristen.
5. Too sensitive.

FIVE PLACES WHERE YOU'VE LIVED

1. My parents' home (Livingston, TX)
2. My parents' home (Cleveland, TX)
3. My parents' home (Lufkin, TX)

4. My own home (Lufkin, TX)
5. My parents' home again (Lufkin, TX)


FIVE JOBS YOU'VE HAD

1. Lawn boy, Angelina County Airport
2. Teacher/Coach, Harmony Christian School
3. Deputy Clerk, Angelina County Clerk
4. Minister
5. Rock star for Jesus

FIVE TAGS (AND WHY)

1. Susie Moore: Because she hasn't blogged in forever and I think she's funny.
2. David Runnels:Because he's the only man I know who's smarter than me.
3. Adrienne Acevedo: Because she's destined to be a blog celebrity.
4. Artie Anderson: Because he's destined to become a blogstar.
5. Doug Hedstrom: Because he's a dude with some cool stuff to say.
6. Clayton Wayne: Because he's a blogging machine lately!

10 comments:

adrienne. said...

I find it mildly entertaining that you linked yourself back to the page I was already on.

Blog celebrity, huh?

Todd Wright said...

I'm a funny guy.

rk said...

i tried to read this, but i couldn't get thru it because i kept staring at the hot girl in the top left corner. what kind of stud sleeps with that woman every night?

Todd Wright said...

There was some loser in the picture with her...dark hair, beady eyes, and an overall nerdy demeanor that seemed more at home at comicon than on my blog.

I cropped that right quick.

rk said...

Yeah, i'd probably go to comicon, but you voluntarily watch the dove awards, so i think we're pretty much even. both events involve a lot of people dressing up in ridiculous costumes and pretending like what they're doing is really important.

only significant difference is that robert downey jr and chris nolan would be at my event, and you'd have, well... i'd better stop before i say too much. that's been a problem for me in the past.

the point is that my wife is hot.

Todd Wright said...

"...both events involve a lot of people dressing up in ridiculous costumes and pretending like what they're doing is really important."

Genius! That's great stuff, right there, gang.

rk said...

thanks todd. the moral of this story is that if you're ever looking for someone to bitterly make fun of the industry that has rejected him, i'm your man.

Johnny! said...

Dressing up like superheroes isn't as ridiculous as dressing up like rock stars.

:^)

rk said...

yeah, that was the unspoken sentiment i was going for, johnny. as always, you don't just point out the elephant in the room, you roundhouse-kick him in the face and make him your house pet.

how did i find a way to turn this thread into a punching bag for CCM?

Todd Wright said...

I think you're already there, RK.