BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 01, 2007

An Online, Real-Time, Digital Upload of My Saturday

6:20am-7:40am
Hear Finley waking up, ask Kristen if she'll get up and get the baby. Krist mumbles something, Finley keeps crying, so I decide to get up anyway. As we head into living room, I hear that Jonah is awake so he comes with us. (Was hoping for a late-sleep for both of them! Blast!) I grab Finley a cup of milk as Jonah immediately heads to the TV for Saturday morning cartoons. Krist comes in and asks if I need her, but I tell her to go back to sleep. I doze in the chair as Jonah watches "Krypto: The Superdog" and Finely wanders around the living room. Finley finally wakes me up, so I get up to mill around a bit. Head into the kitchen for a handful of M&Ms. (Leftover from Friday's Movie Night.) Breakfast IS the most important meal of the day, you know. Finley catches me, so I give her a couple of M&Ms. She gets a bit angry that I'm not letting her plunge both hands into the bag so she can gorge herself. I check the blogs for a bit, change a diaper, then wake up Kristen for the trade. My turn to sleep!

8:40am-10:10am
Woke up and gave Finley a piggy-back ride. Made a few calls (my parents, etc.) Ate a little breakfast and checked out the yard. I need to mow and I'm hoping it's dry enough without being 4,000 degrees today. Helped Kristen get Finley ready. (They're headed to the salon to get Finley's hair "done.") Found out about lunch plans at my mother-in-law's house. Apparently, we're having burgers from Ray's Drive-In. Score one for the high-carb, hi-fat, hi-cheese, slightly toasted delicous goodness from Lufkin's most famous burger joint.

10:10-11:45
Krist and Finley got ready, then left. Jonah watched "Beakman's World," while I showered and got ready. Spent a little time thinking about a Bible study idea I'm working on. Krist called at around 11:35 to pick us up. We ran by Ray's, got the burgers and headed over to my mother-in-law's house. (We call her "Sugar.")

11:45-12:30
Burgers, Pepsi, cookies, TV, toys in the living room! Lots of fun for all the Wrights (and Sugar, too.) At 12:30, the cellphone rang; I didn't recognize the number, but picked it up nonetheless. Hi, Brandon? This is Barbara from Gann Medford. Apparently the realtor had some folks with her and wanted to show our house. Krist and I looked at each other, because we both knew that the house wasn't "realtor-ready." It was okay, not junked or anything, but the realtor said she was coming in thirty minutes. We asked Sugar to watch the kids and sped to the house.

12:30-12:58
Cleaning. Massive, crazy, lightning-fast cleaning.

1:00-2:00
We head back over to Sugars and gather up all our stuff. (Somehow we always leave our parents' houses with more stuff than we actually came with...) We load up the car and swing by our house to see if the realtor's there. She's not, so we drove around town for about an hour. We headed out to see my parent's new church, this cool place outside of Lufkin called "Brother's Keeper Church." I'm planning on checking it out with Mom and Dad soon, but wanted to know exactly where it was. From there, we took a bunch of backroads back to our house. Finley fell asleep in the car. We got home and Jonah was dying to try out a new computer game Sugar had given him. I got Finley out of the car and laid her down. After I left her room, I decided to lay down for a few minutes on my bed.

2:00-3:00
Todd sleeps like a rock. No idea what happened with the rest of the family.

3:00-4:00
I wake up to hear Kristen apologizing profusely over the phone. Since we hadn't seen any business cards or any sign of a realtor visit, Krist had called our realtor to see how the showing went. That's when we find out that we had left the "child-lock" on the front door. So the realtor and the couple couldn't get in. Krist came in and told me the news (I already knew,) and I got up. We sat around for a few minutes. I called my Mom to see about swinging by her house. Jonah had a toy over there and was asking for it, plus my Dad hadn't seen the kids in a while. We make plans to go over there at 5:30. I decided to mow the yard a bit. It wasn't too bad, but I figured I might as well do something productive to work off all the M&Ms and cookies.

4:00-5:00
Had to mow the backyard first. Finley was asleep and I couldn't do the front yard without waking her up. I finished the backyard, saw that Finley was up, then trimmed the front ditches. By then, it was time to shower and head over to my parents' house.

5:00-6:30
We stopped by my parents' new house first. My dad is building a house a few miles from their current home. We met my mom over there to survey the progress. It looks really nice. My dad is working his heart out over there and it shows. From there, we went over to the old house to see my Dad. The kids played, my grandparents stopped by and Jonah ran wild.

6:30-7:30
Came home, ate supper, bathed the kids and put them in bed. Jonah read comic books until about 8, then went to bed.

8:00-9:00
Washed clothes, blogged, ripped some tunes into my Dad's mp3 player for him.

9:00-10:15
Went to the church to grab guitar and chord charts for Kristen. Came home and sang through the tunes. She's singing lead on "He Leadeth Me" and we wanted to try it in a couple of different keys. Through some clothes in the wash and went to bed! Big day tomorrow!

2 comments:

Lance said...

I LOVE Beakman's World.

Check my blog for a dancing treat.

Unknown said...

Wow, that made me tired!