BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 18, 2006

2006

Thanks to some encouragement from Chris Caraway and some other folks at the church, I've decided to do the worship record with Ross. A few weeks ago, Chris stepped up and asked to oversee fundraising for the project.

I made contact with Ross and started get my mind around the recording process. From tracking to mixing to mastering and then duplication - we're going to try to raise $7500 total. That's a lot of money, but we really want to do a quality record of worship songs that the church can use.

I hope to journal this process a bit on the blog. We're way early in the game right now, but I thought I get your thoughts. I've compiled a total song list - a list of everything I'd be even remotely consider putting on the record. In actuality, I'll probably only do 10 songs. Some of these might be new to some of you and others may be way way old, but if you've got time, I'd love for you to give me your 10 song list. Here are our options...

My Lips Will Sing
I Am Glad
All The Freed
King of Mercy
The Cross of Christ
Glorify
Given To Me
You Gave Sight
My Savior
The Wine and the Bread
Search and Know
Align
Promised One
As Angels Filled The Sky
At The Name of Jesus
For

What do ya' think?

5 comments:

brittany said...

Hey Todd! I don't think I've ever written on your site...so...here goes!
I think I was told that you wrote the song "Refuge" we used to sing in youth, and if so, I remember that I used to really love that song....so....ok, that's my two cents. All of the other songs of yours that I have heard are wonderful, so whatever songs you choose, I'm sure that God will recieve all of the glory! Have a great day, and I hope that everything is better with your new baby!

Clay said...

Todd, Kelley and I humbly submit the following...

My Lips Will Sing
I Am Glad
King of Mercy
The Cross of Chirst
The Wine and The Bread
Promised One
All The Freed
For
My Savior
You Gave Sight

Man, we are so blessed to have you at our church...and soon...full-time!

Robert Conn said...

The Conn's are pretty biased as to the music of Todd Wright however, we believe the following.

1) My Lips Will Sing
2) King of Mercy
3) The Cross of Christ (for Ashlin)
4) Glorify
5) My Savior
6) Align
7) All the Freed
8) Promised One
9) Behold (not mentioned)
10) Mercy Will Surround (not mentioned)

we'll buy two...

Angela said...

Hi Todd! Goodluck with everything...

1)Align
2)For
3)Given to Me
4)Glorify
5)I Am Glad
6)King of Mercy
7)My Lips Will Sing
8)My Savior
9)Promised One
10)You Gave Sight

daniel said...

I haven't heard them all, but of those I do know I picked seven.

1) Align
2) My Savior
3) At the Name of Jesus
4) Cross of Christ
5) I Am Glad
6) My Lips Will Sing
7) Given to Me

And, I've never heard it but I love the title "The Wine and The Bread" because I would love to hear a song that directly addresses communion (or the Lord's Supper). Tell the new baby I said hi.